A Roleplaying Game Actual Play Podcast based in a modern fantasy world using the Super Awesome Action Heroes system with the optional Fantasy rules expansion. Set in San Ricardo, Calisorta, the show follows the titular Stormwood & Associates, a private investigator and licensed magic user agency as they take jobs, fight off surfer ninjas, run from dragons, and maybe (if they’re lucky) save the world.
GM duties rotate among the cast members of the show.
Hosts: Trae Dorn, Nick Izumi, Gen Prock, and Kyle Johnson
The night continues as the Stormwood team is in Vegas for a robot fighting competition. Babbitt and NK went out gambling and drinking, Bill went and saw a show (with Kel), and Raz went to a Spa. They’ve all met up again at the hotel’s buffet though, and Raz has suggested they go check out a burlesque show a few blocks away.
Bill is way less into it than everyone else is.
- Stormwood & Associates on iTunes
- Stormwood & Associates on Stitcher
- Stormwood & Associates on Spotify
- RSS Feed for Stormwood & Associates
Raz Stormwood (Gen Prock)
Archetype: Soldier (r.Spy, r.Investigator)
A descendant of Sheriff Aesop Stormwood, Raz has recently opened a new branch of the family business in San Ricardo. Raz is probably best described as laconic, and her usual solutions are to either shoot something or just wait until everyone else shoots each other.
So far it’s given her a decent success rate.
Kel O’Reilly (Trae Dorn)
Archetype: Magic User (r.Haxor)
A Jersey Elf, Kel is Raz’s adopted little brother. Orphaned as a baby, he was taken in and raised by the Stormwood family. He came out to San Ricardo to help set up the new office with Raz, but he’s not too happy about living on the west coast. Kel is the team’s hacker, and half the time spends missions just communicating over the custom comm system he cobbled together.
He also wants you to understand that he is not the receptionist.
William “Bill” Tiberius Carpathia (Nick Izumi)
Archetype: True Mystic (r.Arch Mage, r.Magic User)
Bill is a wizard desperately in need of a job. The son of one of the greatest Mages of the modern age, Bill is riddled with anxiety and the creeping existential dread that he’ll never live up to the potential people kept telling him he had while growing up.
Bill is very proud of his telescoping wand, which he insists is necessary (but really isn’t). You just sort of want to give him a cup of cocoa and assure him that everything will be okay.
Even if it probably won’t.
Tristan Babbitt (Kyle Johnson)
Archetype: Medic (r.Driver, r.Thief)
Originally hired as a freelancer, Babbitt is the team’s resident expert on breaking and entering. He is very, very good at it… except for the times when he isn’t.
The team doesn’t actually know much about their Goblin coworker, mostly because rather than chat, Babbitt is usually the one actually getting to work and getting things done.
He’s got a pretty good vertical leap too.
N.K. (Trae Dorn alt.)
Archetype: Ward-Smith (r.Driver, r.Haxor)
Originally the Haxor for Stormwood competitor ARC Team, Nicole “N.K.” Keegan recently joined Stormwood & Associates when ARC Team head (and pretty much the only other person still there) Barrow Macai went undercover with Kel on an extended mission.
N.K. doesn’t know a ton about her own past (only roughly remembering the last five years of her life), so she’s not even really sure if her name is her actual name. She does know that she likes driving fast, hacking, and gummy bears though… and that’s kind of enough.
Stormwood & Associates takes place in the current year in a world that’s not unlike our own. About 60% of what you know about world history is exactly the same, and the other 40% is similar enough where you probably already know the broad strokes. The main difference? Probably all the magic, though the practice of it (at least in the United States of Aremesia) is highly regulated through the issuing of Federal Magic Licenses. Beyond that, the world is also inhabited by not just humans, but also elves, dwarves, orcs, goblins and halflings. Our heroes start in San Ricardo, Calisorta — though other locations like Morris, Helada also feature prominently.